Landscaping is the space that all your neighbors, visitors, and even the homeowners notice first when entering the house. Therefore, it is an integral part of both architecture and design. It may be a backyard or the front yard, a street-view or fenced, no matter what it is called, it is the space that adds aesthetic value to a financial real estate investment.
Since it doesn’t follow the conventional color palette, themes and furniture designs, for interior designers, landscaping has been a challenge. Landscaping is just as important. If the landscape is shabby when compared to the beautiful indoors, the overall aesthetic appeal of that home diminishes significantly.
There is a solution to design an exquisite, not to mention professional landscape to beautify the house.
There are many landscape design software programs. They can assist you to plan out the layout, design features, overall functionality, and the best way to make the outdoor space seem appealing as well as practical.
5 Best Landscape Design Software Tools in 2022
Landscape Design Software
Most of the software programs listed below will allow you to use a free trial. Hence, you can decide whether you want to continue using them.
Even with the best free landscape design software if you don’t have options for different templates, floor plans, high-quality 3D rendering, and various furnishing choices, then it is hard to make an impression on a client.
- Foyr Neo
This is our most affordable and brilliant choice for all your design needs.
This home design software:
- takes care of the interiors and exterior landscaping design with an articulate selection of design programs.
- The app is extremely user-friendly
- highly beneficial for beginners and professionals alike.
- a free version is available for 14 days trial so you can design a project and see for yourself just how effective it is.
- You can sign up for the advanced design functionality for only $49 per month and access all manners of 3D modeling and 3D rendering of all your design work.
- The landscaping options include everything from what trees and shrubs to plant all the way to accessories that will beautify your garden design.
- It is a cloud-based platform available on both iOS and Android.
- You can easily design and save these files and also share them with clients for feedback.
- You can design virtual tours so they get an accurate idea of what you have in mind and how the design plan will translate to reality.
- Add anything from plants to sprinklers, to pavers, to a backyard 3D warehouse.
- The 3D mode is particularly helpful for augmented reality and rendering.
This is a design tool for professionals, SketchUp provides an array of landscaping features and meets the demand for high-quality 3D models.
This software program:-
- allows home interior design and landscaping
- a good choice for anyone who wants to create 3D renderings of their design model.
On the other hand:-
- the interface of SketchUp is anything but user-friendly.
- you need some knowledge of coding.
- The design software is not at all automated like Foyr Neo.
- it is hard to create photo-realistic images on this platform due to its complicated and limited resources.
- you may be able to create a virtual tour, but the images won’t accurately decipher your landscape design.
This is one of the top home design software programs. It:-
- allows landscaping.
- is a user-friendly,
- is downloadable software design that allows you to design the patio, pavers, garden, and outdoor spaces in general.
- helps to add a grill or swing, and other accessories to the deck for an accurate idea of the garden design.
- assists you to render 3D models of your design and share them easily with clients.
The problems are:-
- the walkthroughs may lack clarity and accuracy if they don’t have supportable software available.
- since SmartDraw is not cloud-based like Foyr Neo, you stand a chance of losing all your data if your operating system crashes.
- the download option is not ideal because it can slow down your system considerably.
VizTerra is a garden design software that is available for both online and offline use.Therefore, the designers can:-
- develop 3D models from 2D rendering.
- The app has a free trial which you can use before you delve into app purchases.
- VizTerra offers a broad library of design options to choose from. Hence, Windows users can definitely use it for their design needs.
- VizTerra is not available for iOS platforms and mobile devices.
- You can only use it on computers,
- you cannot design on the go or redesign components impromptu when clients specify something.
- Thus making it a little challenging for professional landscape designers.
This is a viable option for landscape and home designers. Real time landscaping is a large downloadable program. It allows several design features.
- you can create accurate renderings of your design ideas and share them with clients. (The Pro version of this application also facilitates the use of water features and decor items in your landscape design).
- The application program does consume a lot of space
- it allows you to make changes to the design plan as and when required to redesign.
- You can share ideas with a gardener or landscaping expert to bounce ideas.
- you can use the app to create invoices as well
- you can collect payment on services rendered.
- The platform is ideal for professional designers.
- this is not so much for beginners.
- The additional installation also takes up a large space in the hard drive, which could slow down your system.
So choosing this software program should be done only if it suits your needs.